Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bugs and Possible New Feature

Thursday thru Sunday night was spent at Duke University Hospital looking after my mom following her surgery.  With most of our early bugs spoken for (and since it has been years since I’ve had to deal with python code) I’ve set out to discover the cause of our last 2 bugs.  I had little trouble finding 2 methods dealing with bug#3…although I am still working on understanding why they were written the way that were.  In the process of finding this code though,  I came across the difficulty levels and thought of another improvement that we can make…and that would be by adding this to the “help” box so that the player can actually see what difficulty level they are playing in.  We may not choose to undertake this because of time constraints, but I’ll mention this at our meeting today.

I still haven’t found the code dealing with the “error” message in bug#4, but honestly haven’t looked that deeply into it because we haven’t slated that one to be completed for another 2 weeks—so there is still plenty of time.  For now though, I’ll keep working on bug#3.

No comments:

Post a Comment