Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sugar Lab's Features and Quirks

Much of what I've done this week (aside from the research paper I've been attempting to tackle) is to spend time exploring the different features that Sugar Labs offers.  I didn't realize until the other day that there are add-ons aside from the core offerings.  I had assumed that games were accessed under one of these core features that I had not explored yet; however, my experience from Freeciv has taught me to avoid contaminating my Sugar Lab's workspace...I've had quite enough experience installing Ubuntu and building the code for Sugar Labs already this semester.  It was interesting to know though...maybe after the semester is over and no harm can come to my project, I might consider exploring some of those add-ons.

Of all the standard features that come with Sugar Labs, Browse drives me crazy.  Although it does not have any bearing on the area that our project has us focused on, Browse simply will not work on our Ubuntu boxes.  The best we can determine is that one of the dependencies for Browse is an OLDER version than what comes with Ubuntu.  Browse does not recognize the newer version and Ubuntu gives you errors if you try to install the older version of the dependency.  Since we already have much to do, it doesn't make sense to keep beating this issue....but it is annoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment